Welcome To Olsen's Danish Village Bakery
ONCE UPON A TIME…
in the quaint village of Aeroscobing Denmark in the year 1890, there live a master baker named Ole Olsen.
OLE and his wife had a son. They named him Herluf, and liked his father, he grew up to be a master baker.
HERLUF married, and soon his wife gave birth to a son. He was named Bent, and like his father and grandfather, Bent also became a master baker. In the year 1970, bent Olsen crossed the seas to another quaint village, known as the Danish Capital of America" Nestled in the beautiful hills of California, it is called Solvang, meaning "sunny meadows".
IT IS THERE in Solvang that the family recipes of four generations of Olsen Bakers are found, at Bent Olsen's Danish Village Bakery and Coffee Shop. Among the pastries, breads and other treats.
Fourth Generation Danish Master Baker
The Danes who founded Solvang in 1910 reshaped the landscape with their architecture and social institutions. While their windmills and quaint shops continue to draw visitors and serve residents nearly a century later, it's not only the cityscape that commands passionate allegiance, but the town's pastries, those irresistible confections that perfume the air with cinnamon, spice and fresh baked goodness.
Since 1970, Bent and Susy Olsen, owners of Olsen's Danish Village Bakery, have contributed to that ambient aroma, turning out kringles, cakes, cookies and breads from recipes perfected by Bent's great-grandfather.
- Almond Custard Kringle Our bakery is best know for our delicious coffee cake "Kringle". filled with almond paste, custard and raisins. As featured on food network "kid in a candy store"
- Butter Ring or Seven Sisters Another Olsen's signature coffee cake Butter Ring or Seven Sisters. Filled with almond paste and custard cream.
- Danish Pastries Filled with, pine apple custard cream, apple, strawberry, apricot, cinnamon, raspberry, cherry, cream cheese, blueberry, lemon, custard.
- Pumpernickel Bread Olsen's famous whole grain pumpernickel. A healthy attitude toward life recipe with old-fashioned natural sourdough starter, has through 3 generations made our whole grain pumpernickel a desired and popular bread. try it toasted with butter and parmesan cheese or cold cuts.
- Butter CookiesCookie tub assortment, each tub contain 5 dozen coockies with 6 different flavors, Almond, coconut, aotmeal, chocolate vanilla swirl and cinnamon
- Cardamom BreadSweet and rustic. This bread calls to you in the night! made with cardamom spice is good with jam or honey and a cold glass of milk more
- Filled with almond paste Custard cream and raisins.
- Butter ring or Seven sisters
- The perfect coffee cake, Almond paste, custard cream.
- Danish pastries
- Filled with, pine apple custard cream, apple, strawberry, apricot, cinnamon, raspberry, cherry, cream cheese, blueberry, lemon, custard.
- Butter cookies
- Our famous butter cookies ideal for a family gift or any special occasion.
- Delight try
- Delight yourself or your love ones with our famous delight tray. Napoleon hat cookie, owl eyes cookie, shell cookie dipped in chocolate, coconut cookie and coconut macaroon.
- Pettifour tray
- Pettifour tray,Chocolate crecent, marzipan log, chocolate mocha twirl, and raspberry vanilla pettifou
- Almond raspberry tart
- Almond, raspberry.
- Danish waffle
- Crisp cookie filled with raspberry and whipped cream.
- swedish delight
- Whipped cream almonds, chocolate
- Cream puff
- custad cream, whipped cream.
The Award Winning Bakery
Olsen's bakery is the winner of four gold cups, blue ribbon for best breads.
Named by the sunset magazine as one of the best bakeries in the west.